Great Lakes Bay Michigan Works! has a two-fold mission:
· Assisting employers in finding and retaining qualified employees and
· Assuring that the labor force meets the needs of employers
In doing so, we make a significant impact on the region including Saginaw, Bay, Midland, Gratiot and Isabellacounties. Just in the past year, Great Lakes Bay Michigan Works! has:
· Helped 54 companies secure more than $2.5 million in skilled trades training funds to upgrade talent skills
· Hosted 219 single company job fairs in our five service centers, helping employers recruit and retain qualified talent more efficiently
· Assisted employers in filling more than 8,500 job openings, saving hiring/recruiting expenses (as much as $5,500 per hire)
· Reaching nearly 20,000 Facebook users monthly with job leads, extending an employer’s recruiting reach in impactful ways
Great Lakes Bay Michigan Works! offers dedicated Business Services Team representatives and other on-demand services, such as Fast Start training, to help manufacturers successfully meet the talent demands of the global marketplace.
The North East Regional office of the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center is located at Saginaw Valley State University. The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center is an organization dedicated to supporting Michigan manufacturers to work smarter, to compete and to prosper. The Center offers personalized consulting services that meet the needs of our clients in virtually every aspect of their businesses. We develop more effective business leaders, drive product and process innovation, assist with navigating through governmental regulations, promote company-wide operational excellence and foster creative strategies for business growth and greater profitability. We work tirelessly on behalf of Michigan manufacturers, finding the right solutions for every situation, every time.