2018 Eligibility Guidelines
Cody Bartlett, affiliated with Case Systems in Midland. He is currently attending Delta College pursuing an Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
Sara Aldrich, affiliated with Kremin Incorporated in Frankenmuth. She will be starting Kettering University in the fall pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering.
Westin Kumpelis, affiliated with Fullerton Tool Company in Saginaw. He will be starting at Saginaw Valley State University in the fall pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Business Management.
The Great Lakes Bay Manufacturers Association is proud to offer several scholarships. We offer a scholarship through Delta College specific for the trades programs and additional scholarships available through the following eligibility guidelines:
Please check to make sure all steps are completed before submitting your application:
- This scholarship is open to members of the GLBMA, employees and immediate family members (immediate is defined as spouse or child still living with employee)
- Scholarship award is $1,000.00 – renewable for one year, two (2) scholarships awarded
- Must be a graduating high school senior or a current undergraduate student who will be enrolling as undergraduate, attending an accredited college, university or technical program with a field of study directly related to manufacturing for the next fall term
- Scholarships are only available to citizens of the U.S.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be pursuing a degree or certificate program
- High school transcripts required for current high school students, first year college transcripts for currently enrolled students
- Written essay must be submitted with the application
- Reference letters should be submitted separately and directed to the GLBMA office
- All documents must be filled out completely
- APPLICATION ACCEPTED FROM DECEMBER 1, 2017 THROUGH MARCH 15, 2018
- Payment is made directly to the school or institution
- SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AWARDED MID-APRIL EACH YEAR